Avocado, Chile, Lime, and Black Bean Noodles
Noodles tossed with avocado, chile, black beans, lime and a little hot sauce — the second day of noodle salads for a week’s worth of different noodle-based lunches. See the full post with all recipe links here.
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- salt to taste
- 1/5th batch cooked noodles make them here
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lime juice, hot sauce and olive oil. Whisk it together to form a dressing.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the core with your knife. Using a pairing knife make 5 or 6 long incisions in the avocado all the way from top to bottom, running the knife through the flesh of the avocado until you hit the skin. Then do the same incision 6 to 8 times horizontally. You should now have a criss-cross pattern on your avocado. Now use a spoon to scoop the avocado flesh from the skin. As you remove the flesh it will fall away into little square pieces. It’s a lot like cutting a mango
- Add the avocado pieces, black beans, a healthy pinch of salt and the noodles you made earlier to the bowl and toss gently to coat. If your avocado is really ripe you will squish the avocado a bit as you toss the salad and it will become kind of like guacamole noodles. Taste and add more salt or lime juice if you like.
This was such an easy dinner to make.. I will make it again..
I love this recipe for a quick meal! I used zoodles (zucchini spirialized)!