In an attempt to be organized and save myself time I had boiled some potatoes and then put them in the fridge, ready to eat when hunger struck. This is generally a great thing to do with root vegetables that need cooking before you can eat them. If you have them ready to go, you’re more likely to reach for them rather than going for the crackers or something.
Unfortunately, we haven’t been home much so my potatoes ended up languishing and were on the verge of going off one night when a burrito craving struck me. Rather than going out to buy a burrito or a bunch of extra ingredients I decided I could make a great burrito out of what I had around, including the potatoes.
If you have pre-boiled potatoes, and pre-cooked or canned beans around you can also have this on the table in five minutes. Totally satisfying and quick!
- 1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 large potato pre-cooked, chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups black beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small tortillas (or 2 large)
- cheddar cheese to taste (optional)
- salsa to serve (optional)
- cilantro chopped (optional)