Stuffed Green Chiles
So you have two choices here:
Eat these stuffed peppers with a knife and fork, on a plate.
Or grab them from the baking dish and eat them with your hands burrito-style. All while standing hunched over the dish.
What sort of a person do you want to be? I’m not judging either way, but I will just tell you that I went with the second option.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 cup canned tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 4 green chiles (anaheim, hatch, poblanos or anything)
- 1/2 avocado diced
- sour cream to taste
- cilantro to taste
- Turn oven to 400 F.
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and cook for three minutes or until they become translucent. Add the tomatoes and black beans and cook until heated through. Add the sour cream and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust with salt and pepper.
- Slice each green chile in half. Carefully cut out the seeds and placenta and get rid of the stems.
- Place the chile halves facing upward in a greased baking dish. Fill each chile with the black bean filling. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with chopped avocado, sour cream and cilantro and serve!
Would like more please.
well, you don’t make stuffed chilies the way the Old Mexicans in New Mexico stuff Hatch chilies.
no veg except onyon, no beans except on the side. seasoned mince similar to meatloaf. bake. eat with your hands like a burro.
I’m making this dish for dinner.me and my 2grown children are so looking forward to this. Can’t wait for dinner 🤗🤗 with that being said.
“To be continued”.!!!!!