Classic Sesame Noodles with Cucumbers
This recipe is a play on a classic Chinese takeout dish, sesame noodles, and it’s so easy to make at home. Hopefully you have most of these ingredients kicking around the fridge. It’s a great Friday meal when you are running lower on fresh produce, but you aren’t quite ready for a weekend grocery shopping trip yet.
This is the final day of noodle salads for a week’s worth of different noodle based lunches. See the full post with all recipe links here.
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/5th batch cooked noodles make them here
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 2 inches cucumber finely chopped
- sesame seeds to taste
- In a mixing bowl add the tahini, peanut butter, hot sauce, soy sauce and water. Whisk until you have a smooth, thin dressing. Add a little more water if it’s too thick. Taste and add more hot sauce or soy sauce if you think it is not quite salty or spicy enough.
- Add the noodles you made earlier and toss to coat. Then add the scallion and cucumber and toss again. Sprinkle with sesame seeds for a pretty garnish and enjoy!
Tell me what you think!